Sunday, March 24, 2013

Nanbantei of Tokyo

After spending a whole afternoon deciding on which restaurant to try out next, particularly in the BGC area, we ended up choosing Nanbantei of Tokyo! With the help of other food blogs of course, which further emphasized our cravings.


We arrived a bit early but the inside of the restaurant was already packed! We were third on the list. While waiting for our turn, the waitress recommended we sit outside and order our food and transfer when a table becomes available.

It took some time but that's alright. :)


Complimentary vegetables
Something to munch while waiting for our food!

Miso Sauce
Andy liked this sauce but I didn't. I wasn't used to the taste. Something new to me. I can't really explain how it tasted. Haha!

The ceiling caught my eye. Love what they've done with it!

Dalandan Juice (Php 75.00)
It really has that strong Dalandan sour flavor with only a hint of sweetness. Consistent all throughout the drink.

We also appreciated that they gave out comment cards. :)

Enoki Maki (Php 125.00 for two sticks)
"Enoki mushroom wrapped with pork."





















































My favorite mushroom in the world! I love how crunchy and soft it is at the same time. The texture and how it explodes in your mouth at the first bite! Yum!

Namajake Sumiyaki (Php 235.00 for two sticks)
"Grilled Salmon rolled with bacon"


The salmon was a bit hard on the outside but the bacon was easy to chew. The inside was soft at least. The bacon was a little too salty for me, though. Overall the dish was okay.

Beef Yakiniku (Php 180.00 for two sticks)
"Grilled thin slices of beef."
I was looking forward to eating this dish because of all the praise it's been getting all over the internet. I didn't get to enjoy it though, since it was already cold. If we had known we should have eaten it first but we wanted to save the best for last. The taste was rich, still! Truly flavorsome!

Pork Yakiniku (Php 100.00 for two sticks)
"Grilled thin slices of pork."
Unexpectedly, I enjoyed this dish better than the beef. The pork was very succulent even though it's been sitting there cold for quite a while. The fat was equally distributed and I had fun eating it!

Yaki Meshi (Php 100.00)
"Japanese Fried Rice"
Loved it! It can even compare to Sugi's Japanese fried rice. Had a mild and mellow taste, which complemented the viands.

Onigiri (Php 80.00 per piece)
"Riceball with a choice of pickled plum, salmon or bonito flakes."
I chose salmon. It was a nice riceball. The rice was sticky just the way I like it. :D

They were very accommodating. The manager even visited our table to serve our food and the waitresses constantly asked us if everything was going fine or if we were enjoying our food. So the 10% service charge was worth it!

I'd definitely go back!

Nanbantei of Tokyo

Bonifacio High Street CentralBonifacio High Street Central, 7th AveFort Bonifacio, Taguig


No comments:

Post a Comment